Ultrasonic Smart Gas Meters: The Propane Industry Game-Changer
Find out exactly how much gas your customers are using… Replace your mechanical gas meter with an Ultrasonic Smart Meter from Cavagna!
Benefits of a Smart Gas Meter:
- Get real-time gas-level data on-demand
- Use your drivers more effectively; optimize efficient deliveries and avoid run-outs
- Increased control to your overall storage efficiency by analyzing historical consumption trends
- The meter does not include any moving mechanical components that will wear out over time
- Collect historical data of gas consumption and create personalized reports
How does it work?
- Gas measurement: the smart meter uses an innovative high-performance ultrasonic sensor by Panasonic, designed to accurately measure the volume of LP gas as it passes through the ultrasonic sensor.
- Values transcription: The measured values are encrypted and decrypted by standard communication protocol through Device Language Message Specification (DLMS).
- Data transmission: The measurement signals are then stored until the Prodigi electronically communicates the values to OTUS – a cloud-baseed platform – using LoRaWAN, NB-IoT or LTE Communication.
- Data storage: OTUS acts as a collection centre for all of the information the meter is able to acquire and transmit in encrypted form.
← Return to News Center
Call 866-999-1075 or contact your local F.W. Webb for more information.